In traditional swimming classes for babies the child is taught to “swim to mommy” and are fun, but the child does not realize that “mommy” is the one holding and protecting the child. They are often encouraged as how to have fun. The child gets a false sense of security – they think they can swim. Drownings occur when the child attempts to swim without the parent, not understanding that they do not have the water safety skills to do it. It is the same thing with armbands and other floatation devices: we send the wrong message to our children by making them “think” they are safe and can swim. Babies who learn proper breath control (not blowing bubbles), the survival roll and back float, have both, a healthy respect and love for swimming. Babies are stronger and more self-confident in everything they do!
Why should I start my child at an early age?
- Visit our facility — Call and schedule a tour at 303-554-SWIM. Meet our caring staff and see our beautiful facility! Our students really learn life-saving skills. Save $50 when you enroll – mention coupon code TR11718 [...]
- We love to swim! — My family had an enjoyable, worry free vacation this time! We did one thing differently before we left. We enrolled them in private swim lessons at Swim Otters 3 months before our trip! Do it! You won’t regret it, they are fantastic [...]
- Family Vacation — My family had an enjoyable, worry free vacation this time! We did one thing differently before we left. We enrolled them in private swim lessons at Swim Otters 3 months before our trip! Do it! You won’t regret it, they are fantastic teachers!!! James & Olive Khan (Proud Swim Otters Parents of Micheal and [...]
- Learn Water Safety & Survival! — Every child learns important water safety skills while swimming across the pool. They learn to open their eyes underwater, to float and to flip over to swim [...]
- Our Baby and Me Program — Our Baby and Me Class starts in January! Choose from two different class times – Friday @ 11:30 am and Saturday @ 7:45 am. The class is a fun-filled, 45 minutes of playing and singing songs, with learning real skills! Enroll today and save [...]