In traditional swimming classes for babies the child is taught to “swim to mommy” and are fun, but the child does not realize that “mommy” is the one holding and protecting the child. They are often encouraged as how to have fun. The child gets a false sense of security – they think they can swim. Drownings occur when the child attempts to swim without the parent, not understanding that they do not have the water safety skills to do it. It is the same thing with armbands and other floatation devices: we send the wrong message to our children by making them “think” they are safe and can swim. Babies who learn proper breath control (not blowing bubbles), the survival roll and back float, have both, a healthy respect and love for swimming. Babies are stronger and more self-confident in everything they do!
Why should I start my child at an early age?
- Baby and Me Class — Sign up for Baby and Me Class today and save $25. Offer expires on November 15, 2017. [...]
- Enroll 3 Months Before Your Vacation — My family had an enjoyable, worry free vacation this time! We did one thing differently before we left. We enrolled them in private swim lessons at Swim Otters 3 months before our trip! Do it! You won’t regret it, they are fantastic teachers!!! James & Olive Khan (Proud Swim Otters Parents of Micheal and Becky) [...]
- A testimony from proud parents! — Our girls are 3 and 5 years old. The instructors are awesome because they teach according to the individual child’s personality, character and learning style. We are proud of how well they can [...]
- What do students learn at Swim Otters... — Every child learns important water safety skills while swimming across the pool. They learn to open their eyes underwater, to float and to flip over to swim [...]
- Swim Otters Lessons Cost Effective! — Swim lessons are expensive. Of course, but not much more. In fact, taking swim lessons at Swim Otters overall is less expensive. Your child will be doing skills within 12 weeks that you never dreamed of! Come visit us and take a tour! Talk with other parents about why they choose Swim [...]