In traditional swimming classes for babies the child is taught to “swim to mommy” and are fun, but the child does not realize that “mommy” is the one holding and protecting the child. They are often encouraged as how to have fun. The child gets a false sense of security – they think they can swim. Drownings occur when the child attempts to swim without the parent, not understanding that they do not have the water safety skills to do it. It is the same thing with armbands and other floatation devices: we send the wrong message to our children by making them “think” they are safe and can swim. Babies who learn proper breath control (not blowing bubbles), the survival roll and back float, have both, a healthy respect and love for swimming. Babies are stronger and more self-confident in everything they do!
Why should I start my child at an early age?
- Best Swim School for Infants! — This is the best swim school for infants and children! All the teachers undergo a rigorous 6-12 week training session (even if they have experience!) and are CPR/First Aid certified. They know more than any other swim school around! This is the only swim school I trust to bring my son to learn about water [...]
- Thank you for visiting our blog page — Hello everyone and welcome to our website. We hope you will come tour our facility as soon as possible. We only teach private swim [...]
- Amazing Swim Lessons! — I had two of my kids go through the Swim Otters Water Safety & Survival Swim program…best thing I ever did!!! They are incredibly strong swimmers and grew up with a love of the water! Kathy has become like family to us! Love…Love…LOVE this program! Crystal M [...]
- Swim Otters is Awesome! — We LOVE Kathy and everyone at Swim Otters! They have a kind a patient approach to teaching water safety & survival. This has been game changing in our household and the service is well worth the money! [...]
- Real Results in Weeks, Not Years! — Swim lessons are expensive. Of course, but not much more. In fact, taking swim lessons at Swim Otters overall is less expensive. Your child will be doing skills within 12 weeks that you never dreamed of! Come visit us and take a tour! Talk with other parents about why they choose Swim Otters! [...]