In traditional swimming classes for babies the child is taught to “swim to mommy” and are fun, but the child does not realize that “mommy” is the one holding and protecting the child. They are often encouraged as how to have fun. The child gets a false sense of security – they think they can swim. Drownings occur when the child attempts to swim without the parent, not understanding that they do not have the water safety skills to do it. It is the same thing with armbands and other floatation devices: we send the wrong message to our children by making them “think” they are safe and can swim. Babies who learn proper breath control (not blowing bubbles), the survival roll and back float, have both, a healthy respect and love for swimming. Babies are stronger and more self-confident in everything they do!
Why should I start my child at an early age?
- Swim Otters has Style! — Our facility in Wheat Ridge, Colorado is comfortable and clean. With a wonderful snack counter, our students enjoy snacks after swimming. Our snack counter features our chocolate dipped, french butter cookies in shapes of whales, penguins, frogs, fish, butterflies and more! Please call us at 303-554-SWIM (7946) to visit our facility. [...]
- Swim Otters is always hiring! — Swim Otters is always looking for people who need part time hours and a little extra supplemental income. While the kids are at school, how about working for us? If you have customer service, sales or swim instructor experience, please call the owner, Kathy at 303-619-7946. Swim Otters offers great pay with flexible hours and [...]
- Swim All Year Long! — Keep your kids in swim lessons all year long, especially during the summer months! If you have an upcoming vacation – we require a minimum of 2 weeks notice to receive up to 4 lessons in [...]
- A special note from the owner — Our entire staff at Swim Otters is amazing! Professional and caring, we provide the best customer service when you need assistance. Experts at what we do, we care about each and every child individually! Children learn through one-on-one private lessons – geared toward their personality, character and learning style. Come to us if you want [...]
- Come visit our beautiful swim school! — Act now and save money! Schedule your personal tour of our facility and receive a free french cookie in the shape of a [...]